Why usaco.org is down?

No. There’s always next month’s contest.

1 Like

has this happened before?

Yes, during a contest last season.

1 Like

any idea as to when the usaco site will be back up?

1 Like

I’ve been refreshing for the past 1 and a half hour. So… possibly not soon.

Seems like the website is attacked. Mine says HTTPS_ERROR_502, which is normally caused my server overload/malfunction. I tried proxy and VPN, but none worked. There is a problem at the server-side. Also it seems like the attacker stopped attacking around 1~5 AM(ET), and he managed to log on and completed bronze without any problems. A possible solution is to try during midnight or morning, when the attack is not that severe. Another possibility is that the USACO server is trash like a potato, but very unlikely since it can handle ten thousands of contestants last month during the contest. The only solution to those who started but got kicked is to try and refresh until you go in the question page. After that, you should take a screenshot of the questions and do them offline. Before the server is fixed, I don’t think there is any solution. For those who didn’t start, maybe just wait for next month in order to complete it. The same thing happened before to the China-Hong Kong AMC 8 server.

2 Likes

After doing the problems offline what are the next steps?

Does anyone know how to solve the issue? I am in the middle of a Gold Contest and I can’t do solve the problems! Everyone time I refresh, it returns 502 error. I am running out of time and who knows how to solve the issue? Please!!!

the server seems to be completely down, what should I do after solving the problems offline?

1 Like

return error: The USACO website is currently down due to being hit by a massive denial of service attack. Please check back later. We appreciate your understanding during this challenging and frustrating situation. What should I do???

1 Like

maybe email it to a specific email which i dont know

Hi! To find out what I can do, say @discobot display help.

If you are really desperate, maybe just keep refreshing. There is very little we can do since DDoS is a very “brute force” attack and is hard to fix. Maybe solve all the questions and test them using the sample cases. After that try submitting if you can.

1 Like

but the time would run out :sob: :

and I have, like 20 minutes left :sob: :sob: :sob: :sob: :sob: :sob: :sob: :sob: :sob: :sob: :sob: :sob:

Go contact this email: bcdean@clemson.edu

oh thank you

Consider doing the questions offline and test then with the sample cases. After you complete it try refreshing over and over and see if you can manage to go in.

1 Like

It is currently unavailable due to a massive DDoS attack.

1 Like

where did u find that website?

1 Like