Why usaco.org is down?

i didn’t even finish my competition. I can’t submitted my answer. How can i get another chance to finish it?

4 Likes

me too :frowning:

2 Likes

me too

2 Likes

Please email the contest director (bcdean@clemson.edu) if you come across any technical problems.

I was in middle of the contest and the site went down. Emailed the contest director too but didn’t hear back. Did anyone hear back from USACO regarding this and what we should be doing?

3 Likes

No, I am also in middle of a contest. I guess all we can do is wait.

2 Likes

In the middle of the contest as well.
There’s nothing we can do.

1 Like

I can’t even go in the website :frowning:
when I clicked start contest it failed.

1 Like

Will the students that are impacted be given another chance or more time? Time is still counting but we cannot submit any code for testing.

3 Likes

I am also in the middle of the contest and it failed.

2 Likes

Me too. I have the code for the problems but I can’t submit them anymore due to the site being down.

3 Likes

mine is up for about a couple seconds, but not enough for me to submit my code. And my time keeps going down. What can I do?

2 Likes

Unfortunately, all I can suggest is that you should try to solve the problems offline (if you have the statements) and hope the website comes back up in time to submit your solutions.

2 Likes

do they have backup questions for times like this?

1 Like

No. There’s always next month’s contest.

1 Like

has this happened before?

Yes, during a contest last season.

1 Like

any idea as to when the usaco site will be back up?

1 Like

I’ve been refreshing for the past 1 and a half hour. So… possibly not soon.

Seems like the website is attacked. Mine says HTTPS_ERROR_502, which is normally caused my server overload/malfunction. I tried proxy and VPN, but none worked. There is a problem at the server-side. Also it seems like the attacker stopped attacking around 1~5 AM(ET), and he managed to log on and completed bronze without any problems. A possible solution is to try during midnight or morning, when the attack is not that severe. Another possibility is that the USACO server is trash like a potato, but very unlikely since it can handle ten thousands of contestants last month during the contest. The only solution to those who started but got kicked is to try and refresh until you go in the question page. After that, you should take a screenshot of the questions and do them offline. Before the server is fixed, I don’t think there is any solution. For those who didn’t start, maybe just wait for next month in order to complete it. The same thing happened before to the China-Hong Kong AMC 8 server.

2 Likes