What to do next?

Hey! So I recently participated in my first USACO contest (took Bronze of course). Here’s how it went:

Problem 1: Solved and submitted for full score within 10 minutes.

Problem 2: Figured out how to solve and coded it, but was only able to get the first (sample) test case. Not sure what the bug in my code was, and I spent a LONG time looking for it. In the end, I still couldn’t find the bug.

Problem 3: I didn’t know how top proceed and ended up just spitting back the sample test case :stuck_out_tongue:. I think the reason I wasn’t able to do this was because I had never seen the process of simulating on an array before.

I didn’t do nearly as well as I would have liked, and I want to change that. I have made a goal of working through all the past USACO Bronze problems starting from the 2015-2016 season. I feel confident on all the topics on the USACO Guide Bronze section though, so I don’t really feel like I need to reread that. Along with solving past problems, is there any other things that you guys think I should do? I just want to do much better on the next contest than I did on this one, and I wanted to see if anybody had any tips on this or has been in the same situation as me. Any help is appreciated!

really just grind problems, I don’t think 2015-2020 is necessary for bronze, maybe just 2018-2020

I see what you mean, but I do think that doing more problems will make me better :stuck_out_tongue:. Anybody have any other tips?

Honestly, just do a bunch of problems lol. Read the sol for bronze and see if they make sense. If not, you should look at the lessons on usaco guide. If you understand it, just grind more prob.