Learning c++ from python

Is it a good training exercise to rewrite (or at least use the same idea) python3 code in c++ code? Any recommendations for learning c++?

Up to you… If it helps you, then sure.

Read this for resources to learn CPP.

Thanks! I guess I just thought there might be something different or customized for learning C++ when my first language is python.
Also, I’ve noticed that some resources and problems are starred - do those just mean they are recommended?

Yes, make sure you know how to do those, since they’re important ideas/concepts related to the given algorithm of the module.

1 Like

Yes, rewriting Python3 code in C++ can be a beneficial exercise for learning C++. It helps grasp C++ syntax, memory management, and performance considerations. Start with fundamental C++ concepts like variables, loops, and functions. Utilize resources like online tutorials, books (e.g., “Accelerated C++” by Andrew Koenig), and coding platforms (e.g., LeetCode) for practice. Join programming communities for guidance. Progress to more complex topics, including pointers and classes. Consistent practice, hands-on projects, and learning from experienced developers will deepen your understanding and proficiency in C++. To further broaden your skills, consider enrolling in a full-stack development course. These comprehensive programs cover both front-end and back-end technologies, providing a well-rounded understanding of web development.

One of the best ways to learn C++ is by just trying to contribute to open source projects written in C++, I learned C by forking the Lua programming language and giving it new features.