Hi community! I hope you are having a great day!
First, a little thing about me: I am the type of person who prefer learning by doing, that means instead of reading a bunch of boring techniques, i usually find random problems and try to solve them by the techniques that i have already known, if i get stuck then I would look for help on that problem to see if a new techniques is required , if it is than I would learn it and then apply it to the problem that I am getting stuck. This way of learning makes me progress quite fast so I really like it.
Currently I am practicing on cses advance techniques section using the approach described above. The first half was not quite bad, I solved some of them by myself, the others I tried to google some relevant stuff and i actually found the new techniques that I needed and learned them. But the last half was a nightmare, I wasted a lot of time trying to solve them by myself and finally ended up no where, I tried to google some stuff but none of helpful thing is found. And I know now it’s time to get some help from smarter people ^^.
Here is a list of problems that I am currently getting stuck:
- Monster Game 1 (convex hull optimization?)
- Monster game 2 (convex hull optimization?)
- Houses and school ( no idea)
- Apples and bananas ( no idea)
- One bit positions (no idea)
- Signal processing (no idea)
- New roads query ( I try sqrt decomposition and DSU data structure but time out)
- Parcel Delivery ( no idea)
- Task assignments ( Hungarian algorithm ?)
- Distinct route 2 (no idea)
Can you guys kindly provide me the techniques that I need to learn to solve each one of them . You guys do not need to give me the full solution 'cause I mainly need the technique, those problems are very fundamental, so if you have solved some similar tasks I believe you can solve them at the first glance ^^.
Thanks in advance and once again, hope you guys are having a nice day!