Could someone please help check my Java code for this prefix sum?

Problem Info

Hi! I was doing this problem on Leetcode to practice prefix sums and my code passes 93/94 testcases (the last unpassed testcase is TLE). Could someone please help me check where I could improve my code? Thank you so much!

My Work

class Solution {
    public boolean checkSubarraySum(int[] nums, int k) {        
        // create a prefix sum array
        int[] prefixSum = new int[nums.length + 1];
        prefixSum[0] = 0; prefixSum[1] = nums[0];
        for (int i = 1; i < nums.length ; i++) {prefixSum[i + 1] = prefixSum[i] + nums[i];}

int sum = 0;
        int len = 2; // initial length of sub array or partial sum
        while (len <= nums.length)
        {

for (int i = 0; i + len<= nums.length; i++)
            {
                sum = 0;
                int addition = prefixSum[i + len] - prefixSum[i]; // calculate the partial sum
                sum += addition;
                if (sum%k == 0) return true; // if sum is a multiple of k, return true
            }

len ++; // obtain the next length number
        }
        return false; // if the code reaches here, then there is no continuous subarray sum that is a multiple of k
    }
}

Here’s the last test case that the code didn’t pass:

Is there any way for me to optimize the code to get AC or just to improve it in general? Thank you so much!

I think the problem is with the complexity of your code. Right now it’s around O(N^2), where N can go up to 10^5. In other words, your algorithm is wrong in itself.

Here’s a hint: What can you say about the prefix sums of the beginning and end of a subarray that does sum up to a multiple of k?

Oh, sliding window.
Thanks!